According to March 17, the situation in the country as follows:
1. The Government announced that the number of identified patients with coronavirus in the country increased to 98. One death.
2. Turkey imposed banned the entry of citizens from 20 countries. The ban will valid until the end of April. To previously closed destinations added the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Ireland and the UAE.
3. From 10 a.m. on March 16, bars, disco and nightclubs should suspend work due to the spread of the coronavirus, the country’s Ministry of Internal Affairs said.
4. On Saturday, transport links between Azerbaijan and Turkey closed. Azerbaijan direct charter flights to Turkey in order to take those who wish to go home.
5. The United Arab Emirates has stopped transport links with several countries, including Turkey.
6. Georgia and Turkey temporarily close the land border at one customs point “Sarpi” (Batumi), other points operate normally.
7. Turkish authorities stopped mass prayers in mosques.
8. The professional football league reported that the League Cup, which supposed to start on March 15 in Antalya, will not take place due to the risk of infection with coronavirus.
9. According to the Haberler publication, scammers appeared in Izmir who, under the epidemiological service, penetrate homes.
10. Since the 17 March, public places have been closed: restaurants, cafes, spas, fitness centers, hookahs, cinemas and country clubs.
The situation with coronavirus in the Turkish city of Bodrum::
- From Monday, March 16, quarantine begins in kindergartens, schools and universities. In schools, quarantine will last until March 23, followed by home education.
- By order of the city mayor, all mass events canceled, the last was held Herb Festival in Ortakent.
- Ferries to the Greek islands canceled, particularly the daily ferry to Kos.
- In stores and markets carried out all the cologne (antiseptic kolonya).
- Municipality employees (Belediye) use medical masks.
- Thermal scanners checking at checkpoint in Torba, to prevent getting sick already in the city.