The number of coronavirus cases in Turkey has risen to five, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said on Friday. The coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19, spread to at least 114 countries.
What Turkey undertake against virus:
- On 14 March at 08:00 all inbound flights from 9 European countries – Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain and Sweden – will suspended until April 17. Previously Turkey halted flights with China, Iran, Iraq, Italy and South Korea. Country will also halt passengers arriving from all those 9 countries at all border crossings, from Saturday morning. In means that touristic season can start more later or or not start at all.
- All events and public activities have also halted until the end of April. Schools start a week-long vacation, at universities 3 weeks break. Personnel arriving from abroad direct to hospitals and have granted 14 days’ leave from work.
- The cabinet of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) announced early Saturday that all entries to the island except for TRNC citizens and residents with legal permission have effectively banned until April 1. The ban includes arrivals from Turkey, which serves as the main gateway of the northern one-third of the island. The Greek Cypriot Administration announced similar measures late Friday. From Sunday, only Cypriots, legal residents, diplomats, registered students and specifically authorized people will admitted to the country. All private and public educational institutions will remain closed until April 10.
- The Turkish parliament closed for disinfection due to the risk of spreading a coronavirus, all its employees allowed to go home, a source in the highest legislative body of Turkey told RIA News on Friday.
- Disinfection carried out continuously in all courthouses, ministry buildings and penal institutions. Personnel also trained on the proper guidelines for disinfection. Disinfection carried out at public transport and all public places.
- In Torba starts thermal camera virus control and in Bodrum will not cut water after 2-month unpaid bills.
According to Daily Sabah